When seat belts are mentioned, what flashes in your mind? For us, it’s a danger precaution. This because we are well versed in road safety precautions. Seat belts are paramount in keeping the driver and passenger in the golf carts safe. Seat belts come in two modes; the laps and the across chest belts.
When we wear them, we are guaranteed some level of safety while driving.
However, are they essential? Do they have benefits? What about the disadvantages?
Are Seat Belts Required On Golf Carts?
To answer these questions, let us delve into this topic and discuss the benefits of having a seat belt in your golf cart
Right off the bat, there are benefits of having seat belts installed in a golf cart. These include;
- Keep the passengers safe
The seat belt protects your body from injuries in case of an accident, especially when you are driving at high speed.
- Protect you from harm caused by external forces in case of an accident
You are aware that roads are very messy; they are home to many different types of road users. In case of a fatal accident, you will be shielded by the belt from getting injured severely.
- It also keeps the driver from being fined by local authorities when driving on roads
With the revolution of the legalization of golf carts to be used on the streets, it has become a routine by law enforcers to make sure that elements that qualify golf carts as street-legal be always installed. Seat belts are one of these elements.
- Your insurer will compensate you in case of an accident
In case you get involved in an accident with an insured golf cart, the insurance company will be able to compensate you for any damages caused, if the policy covers it.
Seat Belt Installation And Repair
When you, like a golf cart owner, have your mind made to install seat belts in the golf cart, there are conditions before installations that you would like to consider. They include;
- Identifying a reliable and experienced mechanic to fix the belts
- Buying high-quality seat belts
- Setting and booking time with the mechanic
- Informing the insurer about the cart adjustments before it
After this, the question that follows is, how often do you replace the seat belts?
A seat belt is only valid if they are working effectively. Therefore, when seat belts become outdated or worn out, the only option left is replacing them. So, the question of when to replace them is influenced by its ability to function effectively.
Types And Quality Of Seat Belts
Your mechanic will request you to buy a set of those belts; now, it shall be upon you to conduct due diligence to ensure you get high-quality seat belts at affordable prices. No one wants a belt that will stop functioning after two weeks.
We have seen how essential seat belts are. On the other hand, you should realize that there could be a danger associated with wearing them too.
The Danger Of Wearing The Belts
All good things have a breach in one way or another, and seat belts are no exception. There are some disadvantages of wearing seat belts, which include;
- Drivers tend to get cozy – when the driver is in the seat, they perceive themselves as safe, and this state causes them to engage in risky behaviors. These behaviors are like overspeeding, drunk driving, and unnecessary overtaking; these activities put the driver together with the passenger at high risk.
- Tightly fixed laps and chest belts may cause chest and abdominal pain. Therefore, the user is advised not to adjust the straps too tightly.
- Sometimes, the driver on the seat belts makes them unable to prevent more damages in the postaccident event when they attempt to let free.
- In case of an accident, the vehicle’s impact when it hits the body it may cause body parts dislocation.
LUXE Electric Car
LUXE Electric Car is the only Luxury, Custom, Electric Golf Car manufacturer in the Coachella Valley.
Not only does LUXE Electric Car Custom Build them right here in the desert, but their showroom, located at 74-125 Hwy 111, Palm Desert, is open and ready to help you decide what style and extras you want for your next new golf cart.
As one of the leading electric golf cart companies in the United States, they are also the trailblazers for innovation, including the power plants. Seeing the future in power shifting from Lead Acid Batteries to Lithium, LUXE Electric Car can not only fit your new car with batteries that need no maintenance, a warranty of five years and change the life of up to 100 miles between charging, but they can retro-fit existing carts with Lithium Batteries.
To contact us – LUXEElectricCar.com