The most frequently asked questions by those who want to own a golf cart, is whether the street golf carts are legal. Street golf carts are electric vehicles meant for golfers to use as a convenient means of transport around. For a golf cart to be legitimate, it means there are conditions put in place to determine whether it is or not.
Legal Requirements For a Street Golf Cart
Some rules are for every electric golf cart owner to abide. An electric golf cart should not only be driven by a licensed driver but also should follow laid out rules. Below are general legal conditions that any street golf cart should follow.
- Working lights: head, tail, and brake lights are essential before one hits the road. It can be dangerous if the lights are not working. To avoid accidents, the lights should be put in place and regularly checked.
- Speedometer: Golf carts should have a minimum of 20 mph and a maximum of 25 mph.
- Windshields: both wipers and AS4 windshields devices to keep passengers inside in case of an accident.
- Rear view mirrors exterior mirrors mounted on both the driver and the passenger sides.
- Red reflex reflectors on all corners of the cart to give an indication to the approaching drivers.
- Safety belts: each seat should have a seat belt installed for life safety.
- Vehicle identification number (VIN) of 17 digits that helps in figuring out the real identity or the golf cart.
- Parking brakes to firmly hold the cart when putting in the park.
- DOT-approved tires indicated on the sidewall. They have a five-year rule and shows when it should be replaced.
- Front and rear turn signals to indicate the direction in which the driver wants to turn.
- A lighted visible license plate label for its unique identity should be in place.
- An electric horn to warn pedestrians of the golf cart’s approach.
Street Legal Golf Carts
Whom Are They Meant For?
Corporate mostly need them for mobility purposes to either transport employees, clients or guests from building to building in business premises and country clubs.
The street-legal golf cart is also referred to as the neighborhood electric vehicle. Corporate mostly need the carts for mobility purposes to either transport employees, clients, or guests from building to building in business premises and country clubs. They come in different models that can carry two to eight passengers. Here are the reasons you should have one.
With an electric golf cart, you are assured of comfort. Just like charging your mobile phone, so it is the golf cart. You can charge it overnight and use it the whole day. A fully charged golf cart can go between 25 and 40 miles.
- Great For The Environment
Carbon emitted by conventional vehicles is toxic to the environment. An electric golf cart plays a safety card to nature. Meaning your health is kept at bay.
At LUXE, you can have a luxurious electric golf cart at an affordable price with competitive prices that fit your budget. With this time of rising costs of gas at the pump stations, the best alternative method of transport is a golf cart.
- Less Maintenance To The Technician
Technology invasion of lithium-ion in batteries has made golf carts almost maintenance-free. You will not have to undergo costly repairs often.
The fun that comes with cruising a golf cart in silence is compared to none. Running errands and local communicating made smoother.
A golf cart’s small size is its primary selling point. Most places allow golf carts that transport owners on a golf course anywhere.
Due to its low-speed movement, the passengers are assured of their safety. They are driven on roads that do not allow a speed of over 35 mph.
To experience the above benefits in a fun and practical way, you can check from LUXE remember the 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number and paperwork. You are only required to take the paperwork to the department of transportation national highway traffic safety of your state. They will help you get licensed and registered.
To Sum Up
Finding the right golf cart is hectic. As such, worry not as LUXE electric golf cart company offers a wide variety of electric golf carts with interiors, wheels, front/rear options. Get your dream car that is built to your specifications. There are different models and prices to cater for everyone.
LUXE Electric Car
LUXE Electric Car is the only Luxury, Custom, Electric Golf Car manufacturer in the Coachella Valley.
Not only does LUXE Electric Car Custom Build them right here in the desert, but their showroom, located at 74-125 Hwy 111, Palm Desert, is open and ready to help you decide what style and extras you want for your next new golf cart.
As one of the leading electric golf cart companies in the United States, they are also the trailblazers for innovation, including the power plants. Seeing the future in power shifting from Lead Acid Batteries to Lithium, LUXE Electric Car can not only fit your new car with batteries that need no maintenance, a warranty of five years and change the life of up to 100 miles between charging, but they can retro-fit existing carts with Lithium Batteries.
To contact us – LUXEElectricCar.com